|Low Vision Program
This therapeutic program is designed to patients with low vision diagnosis. It helps patients
to live independent and meaningful lives.
Our Occupational therapist can :
- Evaluate a person's environment at work and at home to determine how it can be altered to make the
most out of a person's remaining vision.
- Help a person identify items used everyday that need to "stand out" (provide a contrast) by marking
them with bright colors so they can easily be found.
- Increase lighting so objects can be seen easily. In addition to providing extra light to items,
Occupational Therapists can identify areas that could be dangerous if not well lit, such as stairwells,
kitchens, and spaces with area rugs.
- Reduce clutter in rooms to increase safety by removing items from counter tops, table tops and floors.
- Educate a person on how to compensate for vision loss by using other senses, such as touch,
hearing and smell.
- Recommend and train a person to use assistive devices that can aid in completing daily activities
such as magnifiers, audio equipment, and voice-activated computers.